Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lundby Småland Dollhouse

Dear Readers,

I was looking for a dollhouse big enough for my new Petite Blythe dolls when I stumbled across the Lundby Småland Dollhouse on Amazon.

It was the perfect size for 5 inches dolls! The room layout is very practical for playing and taking photos!  The wallpaper are in soft pastel colors which I think will suit my dolls.  This dollhouse is everything I was looking for so it didn't take much to convince me.

The dollhouse was delivered in a flat box.  Assembly took about 30 minutes.  The instructions were clear and easy to follow.

I didn't buy any Lundby furniture because it would be too expensive for me now so I decided to furnish the house with my existing furniture from Re-ment and Calico Critters / Sylvanian Families but this may change as I am experimenting with different toy brands to see which one I would prefer.

The dollhouse can be lighted but the power supply and lamps are sold separately.  I will eventually need to save money to buy them because I love lighted dollhouse!  It makes the house so much more lovely!



Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid or received gifts to write this or mention any stores or website. You may find a better store in your area.


13 comments:

  1. The Lundby dollhouse is really cute - I'm sure you're Blythe dolls will love their new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra! I can't wait to finish all the decorating! The house is the perfect size for them :)

      Delete
  2. I got my first Lundby house as a 3 year old, but since Lundby is Swedish, "everyone" has them here.. but I got an old one, not the latest model, but I like my house, it got wooden frames and mum made it really nice. I got old furniture from flee markets too, and now my daughter got it. I'm so tempted to buy this, latest model too (I think there will be an even newer model this autumn) because I love the kitchen floor in this house =) And the balcony! (my house doesn't have that..)
    I never had lights in it, but I'm tempted to buy some for my daughter now =)
    Hope you get lights for a good price and let me know if there is anyway I can help you buy any thing for your new Lundby, if it would be less expensive here in Sweden (but new Lundby furniture has always been a bit expensive I think, but there is a huge second-hand market for them here, so let me know if there is anything particular you are looking for!) =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Hannah! You are too kind! You are so lucky to have such a great brand of dollhouse in your country. I have many dollhouses and Lundby is by far one of the best (if not the best) I have seen so far. Very close is Sylvanian Families! You must show more of your dollhouses on your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Jane, ravie de vous retrouver !
    Cette maison est belle, très bien faite. La poupée et ses tenues, message précédent, sont très jolies. Que de vêtements pour cette demoiselle, elle en a de la chance ;) ;) ;)
    Bisous. Joce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Joce! Merci pour votre commentaire! Je suis heureuse d'être revenue! Cela me fait tant de plaisir d'écrire à nouveau!

      La poupée aura je crois, plus de vêtements que moi hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Ta dollhouse est adorable, j'adore la dernière photo ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ma belle! :) Je travaille encore sur la décoration. Je ne dispose pas de beaucoup de temps alors ça avance à pas de tortue.

      Delete
  5. Your house looks so so lovely! I really like the re-ment Japanese style room and I agree that lighted dollhouses are very cute - it adds a bit more detail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I do love the Japanese décor very much. I am tempted to keep it although it's a Scandinavian house LOL

      Delete
  6. Great dollhouse choice, and I love the way you decorated it. Thanks for enlightening me once again. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete