Thursday, May 29, 2014

Barbie Beach Raquelle Doll

Dear Readers,

Rain rain rain! We had rain for the last 3 days.  One night, the rain came down so fast and so strongly that within an hour, the sewers got clogged.  Our neighbor called us at 3am saying the front of our home was under water and we should check if we had any damage inside.  Good thing he called because we rushed out of bed and sure enough, water had started to flood our living room.  We moved all the furniture away from the front door and front window and started scooping the water.  Nothing was damaged but the floor will eventually need some fixing if this flooding goes on. 

We actually get flooded at least twice a year during the summer but it's not too bad if we are home and can scoop the water out before it spreads to the whole apartment.

While moving our living room furniture, I realized I had a lot of dollhouses and dolls displayed in my bookcase.  I'll have to purge organize my collection soon otherwise I won't have any more space for the new arrivals!

Many dolls have been added to my dolly family during the last few month.  Among them is a Barbie Beach Raquelle Doll!  I bought her because she is so pretty and her face mold looks quite different from the other Barbie dolls I usually see in stores.

She is also very affordable for under $8.  She comes with a bikini and sunglasses.  Her hair looks great but it's super stiff.  I think Mattel had it covered in some sort of glue to keep the shape of the end-curls.  I might be able to make it more manageable after a soak in hot water and hair conditioner.

The only thing I don't like is her body. It's hollow plastic so you can't bend her knees or arms.  I will eventually swap her body for a more flexible one.   

Here she is unboxed!  Can you see how stiff she is?

She is sitting in a Hannah Montana Malibu Beach House !

Her hair is a little messy because my neighbor's daughter came to visit today and she really wanted to play with my dolls and the dollhouse.  I just couldn't say no to the little girl and let her play all her heart's content.

Raquelle held up nicely in the hands of a 4 year-old!

She deserves a little rest now :)


Do you like this Barbie doll?  I think she fits perfectly in that beach house.  I'll write a post about the dollhouse soon so you can see how fantastic it is!


15 comments:

  1. Barbie, que de souvenirs ,petite fille, ma fille en avait plusieurs avec aussi Ken, un chien, des meubles, le camping-car, un vélo, un scooter, une impressionnante collection de vetements ...Tout ceci dort dans le grenier ;-)
    Celle-ci est très jolie ! Bisous. joce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Votre fille est bien chanceuse Rosethé! Un jour peut-être que votre petite fille aura la chance de jouer avec ce trésor. Sinon, cela vaut une grande fortune pour les collectionneurs! Vous ne pouvez imaginez les prix qu'on demandent ici pour les vieux jouets! Bon weekend!

      Delete
  2. I like her very much - she's beautiful. Love the hair! It's a pity that her body is so stiff, but she really fits perfectly in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found a replacement for her body. It will be a lot easier to pose :)

      Delete
  3. I really like her face! I'm a big fan of Mattels Barbies =) A few years ago I collected all the Barbies I could, but I started to realize I wont have room for them... so I have stopped.. Can't buy any more until I organize my collection and sell of a few... I do love the vintage ones the best, but there are some new ones that I would really like to have, this one looks like a girl in my taste =)
    I haven't even showed my daughter my collection yet... I have hid it all away for now, hope to unpack them and have some kind of display later...
    Getting flooded seem like a nightmare! Hope the rain will stop real soon and that your house is fine!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been fun to have all these Barbie dolls! The collector's releases are sometimes really beautiful and I wished I had the space too to display them! I hid almost all my dolls too because they would be too tempting for my daughter! We are expecting heavy rain again tonight so I hope I'll be ready!

      Delete
  4. Oh I hope your floor is ok! Rainy..June now...I don't know what June showers bring? Mud I guess!

    She is a very classic looking doll, without having the suprbarbie surgery look, I like that she is more natural looking ;)
    ~hugs J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! It rained but not as much as to flood so I am happy with that. I like Raquelle's natural look too. The other Barbie dolls I saw in the same store were so made-up. It could be good for a night out look but not for an everyday look.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about getting flood. I hope everything is good now.
    I like her. She looks prettier here than in the Amazon picture. And I like the dollhouse. About the messy hair I think it looks real because in real life our hairs won't be as perfect as in a shampoo commercial. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is fine :) It's sunny and hot again now! I think my doll's hair are all messy. I don't know how people make them look so perfect in pictures LOL

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: in my city is also raining. I live in the north and it always rains. I hope you can fix the floor of your home. A fright. I had not seen before Hannah Montana Malibu Beach House. I like the furniture. Your new Raquelle is very pretty. I love this doll. Great purchase. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you would love the dollhouse Marta. It has fantastic furniture! But it's really too big for my small place. I might have to sell it away.

      Delete
  7. Sorry about the flooding. Hope things are better now. This Barbie has a really pretty nice-girl-next door face. I look forward to seeing her with the new body and to seeing the dollhouse in more detail. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot better now! Thanks Jennifer! I will take pictures of the dollhouse soon! We are in the middle of cleaning up and moving furniture for my new workstation so didn't have much time to "play" :)

      Delete
  8. Hey, I put your photo on my page. I hope you not mind :)

    Your blog is my new discovery, joyfully I look through it.

    ReplyDelete