Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One more day until New Year...

Dear Readers,

Are you ready for this weekend?  I am so ready.  I am ready for a restful and pleasant Lunar New Year.  My home is not totally ready yet though.   I took Thursday off to finish cleaning up and preparing for the big day on Friday.  On top of that, we are having guests tomorrow!  My husband's cousins are coming over and some of them are staying at my place.  Let me tell you something, there is no greater incentive to clean your house than when you know you are going to have visitors!  

We bought a few plants and flowers.  My boy had a really fun time decorating the bamboo tree with lucky charms and miniature lanterns.


I bought my favorite gummy candies from Kasugai and I placed the lucky money in their red envelopes.  

I didn't forget that I wanted to show you miniature items for the Chinese New Year.  Here below are miniature pieces made by Orcara.  The firecrackers and candied fruit tray (which we typically eat during the New Year) are very well done.  You can remove the fruits from the tray's compartments.  


The doll is a Hello Kitty Mini Valentine Doll purchased at Target today.  I was very curious about her because I have never seen any Hello Kitty doll this size before.  Here she is next to some other Mini dolls so you can compare the size.


She is almost the same size as the Playmobil figure so she would look totally fine in a Playmobil house!

Another doll I found at Target was the Valentine Special Target Exclusive Mini Lalaloopsy Doll: Velvet B. Mine!  She is only $4.99 (comparatively to the usual $6.99 for Mini Lalaloopsy dolls) and she comes with 2 pets and a velvet cake on a stand.


Doesn't she remind you of somebody?  Yup... Dollop Light-N-Fluffy!   Dollop comes with more accessories but I definitely like Velvet B Mine's dress better!    

There are also new Mini Lalaloopsy dolls at Target but I will post about them another day because it's so so late right now and I desperately need some sleep!





12 comments:

  1. Happy Lunar New Year, Jane Cherie! You found some really cute toys. The mini Lunar New Year food is super cute! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I have been wanting the miniature new year food since last year!

      Delete
  2. The very best and joyous Lunar New Year to you and your family hon! It looks like your decorations are in full swing.

    I am assuming your dolls will have there own celebration as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I wanted to organize a little New Year party for my dolls too but I ran out of time! Oh well, guess I'll have to make amends with a Valentine's day scene ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I like your Mini Lalaloopsy collection. I do not have any of those dolls in my collection. Your new Hello Kitty is very cute. I adore Hello Kitty. I read that you receive your family in your home. Your decor is very nice. Happy Lunar New Year, Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! Oh the Mini Lalaloopsy dolls are super addictive!!! Be careful if you buy one, you'll want more!

      Delete
  4. Happy Lunar New Year! I love your new dolls....especially the Lalaloopsy. Have fun!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!!! I really like Velvet B. Mine! I am biased toward red dresses in general and this one is so pretty!

      Delete