Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An unexpected visit to the dentist

Dear Readers,

I have been trying to update my blog but I couldn't find the time to do it properly last week.  Plagued by poor health condition, I couldn't summon enough energy to blog once all my regular chores were done.  I knew something was wrong with my body and it was trying to tell me to slow down.  So I took the advice and rested. 
 
I thought I was good to go again on Monday when suddenly part of my tooth broke off.  I was eating popcorn when I felt something hard...very hard!  I thought I had lost my molar but thank goodness only 1/3 of the tooth got chipped off.
 
I had to go to the dentist which I dreaded because of the shot, the smell, the pain, etc.  Can you believe I was once a dental assistant?  I chose to change career path for a reason! 
 
My dentist is not as cute...

But my dentist was very gentle and skilled and I got a crown in less than 2 hours.  The shot was a lot less painful than seeing the bill.  It was $650 ... and that's with insurance!  Without dental insurance, it would have cost me $1200 D:
 
Having this rock hurled into my budget is going to hurt because I will now have to cut into all non-essential items (read: dolls, toys, miniatures, etc).   But I still want to give my kids a nice Christmas!  I had planned so many great activities with them and a big dinner for the family!

So in order to make it happen, I have decided to sell 4 of my dollhouses and some of my dolls.   As a dollhouses and dolls collector, it saddens me a little but I am looking at this with a smile.  It's a way to downsize my collection and make some space :)   Always look for the silver lining! :)
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's ok Danzel. I am happy I could keep part of my tooth!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane, Glad you're feeling better. Now that these health issues are behind you, it's time for some fun! I love your dental scene--too cute! I enjoyed downsizing recently too. Clearing out what you no longer need or want feels amazing! What do you plan to sell, Jane, and where? :-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) I do like cleaning up my collection too. I am selling mostly wood dollhouses. I have quite a few! But due to their sizes, I am selling them on Craigslist because the shipping fee will be so high I don't think many would want to buy them! As for my dolls, I am selling my unopened Dal, Isul and Taeyang (all Pullip full-size). I will eventually have to purge my Little Dal collection as well which is the most difficult part because I love them! But I am holding on to my miniature 1/12 mostly. I love them the most!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and yucky bills. I hope everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I am sure it will work out :) I will just have to plan things a little differently!

      Delete
  4. Oh no!!! SO sorry! I don't have dental insurance, these stories scare me so much! Glad you're ok but yes, BOO on unexpected bills coming during holiday season. Are you going to do a post showing all the for-sale dollhouses together in one post? If you do, let me know, and I'll link/share that post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! You are very sweet! I will think about it but for now, it's all on Craigslist due to the size and weight of the houses! So far one dollhouse is sold already :)

      Delete