Friday, July 19, 2013

My Strawberry Shortcake Village

Over the years I have accumulated a few houses and dolls from the Strawberry Shortcake Collection by Hasbro.  Most are used toys that I found on Ebay or in garage sales.  I recently got lucky and found three items that were missing from my collection.
The Strawberry Shortcake Scooter was a used item but it came almost complete.  Strawberry Shortcake can take her cat along with her in the little cart that she pulls behind her scooter. 

The trays in the back, which are collapsible, carry cakes, sandwiches and ice cream.  The set also came with a Strawberry Shortcake doll, a helmet, a flag, and a belt so the doll can stay in place on the scooter.  The belt is very efficient and does the job well.

The Strawberry Shortcake Berry Best Friends Playset was missing the dolls, butterflies and the other small accessories but it still works fine.  Raspberry Torte and Plum Pudding certainly don't seem to mind.  It will start twirling if you manually turn the center yellow flower around.   The dolls stay in place and don't fall out.

The Strawberry Shortcake Splash-n-Petal Pool with the Flower Shower still working (but hard to use for small children).  To activate the shower, you fill the pool with water and press the lower leaf from the flower stem.  The flower will sprinkle water down.  It's a great hit with the children but beware, the pool leaks and the flower shower makes a mess so don't put this on something that you don't want to get wet!  The top area features a table shaped like a flower and an umbrella.  Underneath is a little pool that I suppose can be used for the pets or Berrykin figures.  Included in the set is a towel with its own towel rack.

I do have a few new toys that I have not opened yet (the Clubhouse and Smoothie Maker) because I want to give them as presents to baby when she'll be older.  But for right now, I think I have enough to make a little village for my Mini dolls.

Ah! If only Hasbro would create houses for Strawberry Shortcake's friends!  Then the village would look even better (and less pink?).  One can dream.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky finds! It's fun to find the bits you need to complete a collection. Thanks for showing these fun toys, Jane! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God this is so girly and cute! The pool is my favorite, it reminds me to one of my Barbie's pool I had and is... perfect! ♥
    All the set is beautiful, though, so pinky :)
    Have a beautiful weekend, Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belén, the pool is so cute! I have not seen the Barbie poop yet but anything with water is a hit toy for the kids!

      Delete